ang

ang

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Going Green

I made this dress last spring sometime.  I remember I had wanted a kelly green dress for a long time.  I found this double knit fabric with a slight sheen at my local Joanns' store and planned to have a dress completed to wear for St Patrick's day.

I chose Simplicity Project Runway Pattern #2250.  This pattern has many options for design. I used the pleated surplice bodice and 3/4 sleeves.  I am always cold and only do sleeveless in the summertime.

Because of the weight and stretch of the fabric I didn't need to line it nor use a zipper. It went together quite smoothly- no issues with the pattern or fit so no need for alteration. Just added my usual  extra few inches at the hemline.

I remember having the dress done in time for St Pats' Day.  As luck would have it there was freezing rain, sleet and snow that day so I opted for long pants and 2 layers on top instead.  I have worn it  many times and it is nice to have in my closet when the occasion calls for a dress.






No comments:

Post a Comment