ang

ang

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Very Versatile Jumpsuit

I love to wear black and thats a good thing because my job requires it!  When I decided to make a jumpsuit black was the natural conclusion.  I chose a black Ponte knit that is super easy to sew with and care for.

The pattern I chose was one in my stash-Butterick 5652.  I don't know if its still available.  I altered the crotch depth and leg length because when I held the pattern up to myself it seemed as if it would be to short.  Turns out I didn't need to or at least not quite so much.  Shame on me for not making a muslin! I think it kinda looks intentional by design according to the picture on the pattern sleeve.

It went together smoothly-no problems on this one.  I love wearing it -it is so comfy and I LOVE those pockets.  I get lots of raves when I wear it and have had several requests to make one for others.  To which I promptly say no thanks. I  tire of making the same thing over and over.

This jumpsuit is so versatile!  I made it in the summer and first wore it with a belt and cuffed at the hem with some cute sandals. I got the cummerbund style belt from Forever 21 for less than $10!  Since then I have worn it with different belts, necklaces  and shoes, cuffed at the hem or not. I even wear it with a turtleneck underneath in cooler weather.  The whole look changes fro classic to edgy to boho etc. with just a change of accessories! It has been so fun to wear that it is starting to show a little wear...  I plan on making another very soon.  When I do I will work on that one fit issue.






No comments:

Post a Comment