ang

ang

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kimona Cardigan



I found this lovely Anna Sui silk chiffon fabric while on vacation in Minneapolis in July. It came from S..R.Harris Fabric   (srharisfabric.com) warehouse which was a real adventure to shop it!  I had wanted to jump onto the kimono jacket trend, so was looking for just the right fabric for it.  I used Simplicity 1318 which is a multisized pattern.  I used view C, size Medium.  Shortly after we returned home I whipped it up!

Well OK maybe it took a bit longer than that! I decided because of excessive raveling of the fabric that I would use french seams all over.  But the fabric looked so similar  on right and wrong sides that I could hardly tell the difference.  I cut it out single layer. Too bad I didn't have the foresight to tape mark the right side because I spent a LOT of time second guessing myself that I was sewing right sides together.  Oh well you know what they say about hindsight!  Other than that issue it was a fairly easy sew.

I would have loved to apply a fringe trim to the sleeves but could not get my hands on any that matched or complemented any of the colors in it or wasn't too heavyweight for this tissue weight silk.  Besides I was too anxious to wear it!











No comments:

Post a Comment