ang

ang

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Gift set

My sisters and I exchange names for Christmas. I have four sisters.  Usually if I have the time I try to sew my gift to whomever  I get.  I wanted to make my sister Bunny something  that went with her style if you know what I mean. I decided to take the Kimona Cardigan(Simplicity 1318) that I had made earlier but make it in a Rayon Challis. The print was kind of an Ikat print in autumn shades.

Because I had made this pattern before it went together easily.  This time I finished the seams with the serger which made it much quicker.  I was pleased with how it turned out but worried that she might not have a top to wear underneath that would match well.  Then she would have to delay wearing it till she went out and bought something.  Then I remembered having a butterscotch colored poly/cotto n knit in my stash.  It matched perfectly. So I made up a quick Tshirt using New Look 0946, view B which I had made before.  We are pretty similar in size so I figured I'd just make her my size.

As soon as it was completed, I wrapped it up and sent it to her.  She was pleased with it and we both got lots of complements when she posted it on  Facebook@


No comments:

Post a Comment