ang

ang

Sunday, March 1, 2015

MAD FOR PLAID

I got this cool (literally) tissue thin semi sheer knit fabric this past summer at SRFabrics in Minneapolis.  I loved the edgy feel of the plaid print. When New Look pattern 6314 came out in a very  similar look fabric print,  I knew that that is what I was going to make!  Maybe not the most original idea but I knew I would like it.

Super simple to make! It was cut and sewn in a couple hours.  The only change made to the pattern I made was to add a few inches to the length of the sleeves and hem.  I used some black matte jersey from my stash scraps for the bands on neck, cuff and waistband.

It is somewhat sheer so I will use a tank or cami underneath it.  I plan to wear this slouchy sweatshirt style shirt with my leather pants.  Also I'm considering the skirt on the pattern sleeve as well-but not sure if I have it in me to wear that tulle underskirt... We shall see!

It was 18 degrees when we shot this picture-Brrrrr!








No comments:

Post a Comment